I am sure most everyone has heard how you will repeat the same bad habits or cycle until you do something to change it. How do you change those habits or the cycle of life you are in? You need to evaluate and audit your lifestyle!
What is working in your life?
- Do you love your job and it brings you happiness?
- Do you love being a mom and taking care of your kids?
- Do you love the hobby you participate in?
- Do you love taking a walk everyday?
- Do you love to take the time to read?
What isn’t working in your life?
- Do you love your job but not your hours?
- Do you love being a parent but need other adult interaction?
- Do you dread going to play basketball with your league?
- Do you look for excuses to get out of something you used to enjoy?
- Do you avoid doing things because you know you won’t enjoy them?
These are all questions to ask yourself when you are doing a lifestyle audit!
For myself, I am a creative person so I am having the same routine everyday feels like it kills my creative brain cells. I do not thrive in that situation and end up never finding the time to be creative because I lose that drive from focusing on my routine. Its a fine line to be a creative work at home mom and have the same daily routine with kids. Evie loves having a routine where she is fed, takes her naps, baths and bedtime at the same time everyday. With holidays and summer parties, there are days where her schedule is messed with and boy do we pay for it with a baby that refuses to sleep. With Danyella being homeschooled, she has to have a routine or she will try to get out of doing her schoolwork (common occurence with a sassy tween). So what’s a creative mom to do when her kids need a routine? Find little ways to break up my routine so I don’t get into that blah feeling and avoid my creative side like changing up how I do my day each day. Plus, I tend to end up staying awake way to late after the girls are asleep to accomplish some of those mundane chores on my list that I avoided earlier in the day.
Now it is your turn! Print out the Lifestyle Audit PDF that I created for you to take a look at what is good and bad in your life. This will help determine what you need to change and what can stay the same to make your life the best it can be for today.