I found a new obsession… my new cast iron skillet pan!
On Mother’s Day, my mom and I took the girls shopping at Marshal’s and Home Goods. I was searching for a good cast iron pan but wasn’t a fan of what they had so we went to Walmart and I found a basic 12″ pan which is what I wanted. I won’t lie…. I have been intimidated to actually use the pan but this is my second dish and wow is it easy and delish! (The first dish is my signature Chicken Paprikash which was amazing too!)
This Baked Ziti dish is so easy and yummy that I had to share it with all of you!
One Pan Baked Ziti
A Great One Pan dinner for the family to enjoy.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic; sliced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can/jar tomato sauce
- 1 16 oz box of pasta (ziti/penne/rigatoni)
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Move the oven rack to the middle and Set oven to 450 degrees. Heat cast iron or another oven safe pan with your oil.
- Brown your ground meat.
- Once the meat is browned, add the garlic, basil and oregano and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Lower the heat to low/medium and simmer for 10 minutes; occasionally stir.
- Add the water and pasta. Turn up the heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and leave at a low boil for 15 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in the heavy cream, 1/2 the cheese, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the rest of cheese over the noodles.
- Place the pan in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is browned.Be cautious that pan is hot when serving the meal to your loved ones.
- Enjoy a dinner with the people you love.
13 thoughts on “One Pan Baked Ziti Recipe”
Now this is a recipe even my kids would enjoy! Thanks for the recipe, it will definitely be in the recipe roundup for next week
I love one dish meals, and this baked Ziti looks absolutely delicious! Pasta is always a go to of mine when I need a fast and good meal!
I am now compiling recipes which I could try now that my boys are going back to school. This baked ziti is one of those I will learn. Thanks for the share.
This baked ziti is something I would love to try at home. My boys will be attending school again and so I am compiling recipes to try and serve them.
That meal looks so tasty! Proper comfort food. I’m a big fan of cast iron skillets too. 🙂
I want a good quality cast-iron pan one day. I love that this recipe is one pan and baked!
My daughter and I would really love this. We love a good baked ziti. And it’s so cool you can do it all in one pan. Delicious!!
I love baked ziti but never knew how to make it. I will be adding this to my recipes to try.
i have never tried this before! but i think any italian dish is always good so im sure this one too!
I love one pan meals. They are delicious and quite easy to prepare. Now I have another recipe to try!
We LOVE baked ziti. We may eat it at least once a week in my house.
One Pan Baked Ziti looks amazing and delicious! I would love to have this for dinner.
End of the May i made this recipe for my daughters, they really loving this. After reading this article i will prepare it tomorrow again, remembering post.