If you can’t tell, my family has been on a pork chop kick lately since “Christina” gave us a bunch of chops and ham steaks from when they purchased a pig last year. The challenge has been to find different ways to make the pork so that I am not feeding my family the same recipe over and over.
One thing I love to make and eat is breaded chicken but I have never done this with pork before. Hey, it should taste just as good right? Oh it did taste so good! The combination of the bread crumbs, brown sugar and a little bit lemon juice makes this a savory with a touch of sweet pork chops. It pairs well with potatoes, egg noodles or rice really nicely.
Brown Sugar Breaded Baked Pork Chops
- 4-6 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or non stick spray
- 3 cloves garlic sliced or chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or 1/2 fresh lemon
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Spray or coat a deep baking dish with oil. Set 2 bowls aside
- In one bowl, whisk the 2 eggs. In the other bowl, mix garlic, onion flakes, bread crumbs, brown sugar, salt and pepper together.
- Dip the chops in the egg wash then into the breading mixture. Place the chops in the dish.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over each chop.
- Bake on the bottom rack for 30 minutes. Switch to the top rack for 15 minutes to crisp the breading up. If your pork chops are thicker please allow for longer cooking times.
- Pair with your favorite sides and enjoy a nice meal with your family!