One of my favorite things to eat with my dinner dishes is mushrooms. Now, I know a lot of people do not like mushrooms but there are the few of us that do like/love them. My love of mushrooms start back in grade school. During our Friday lunch breaks, we were allowed to walk downtown to the pizza place to eat (or home but most of chose to eat pizza) and I fell in love with mushrooms on my pizza. Since then, I will add mushrooms to whatever dinner meals I can which thankfully my husband likes mushrooms too.
Typically, I will add mushrooms to my chicken dishes like my Chicken Paprikash. This time, I wanted to try a new version of my mushroom gravy but I had pork chops already defrosted. Well, it couldn’t hurt to try the gravy and pork chops together… worst thing that happens is that we don’t like it and I whip up some pasta instead.
Well…. they were mouth-watering amazing! I think this is one of the best meals I have made in a long time. My husband, who doesn’t usually say much about what I make for dinner, even said how good it was. I hope that you try this out and enjoy it like my family did.
Mushroom Pork Chops Instant Pot Recipe
A delicious mushroom gravy over pork chops made easily in the instant pot.
- 4-6 pork chops
- 1 1/2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 6 tablespoons of oil, divided in 3 and 3
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced or chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Soy sauce
- 2 cups of beef broth (I made my own using a bouillon paste)
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute, add the oil and brown the pork chops. Removed the chops and set aside. Drain the oil out of the pot.
- Add the other set of oil, mushrooms, onions, garlic and soy sauce. Saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add the flour and coat all of the veggies.
- Add the broth slowly and continuously stir until the gravy begins to thicken. Let the gravy thicken for a few minutes.
- Add the pork chops back into the pot and pour the sauce over the chops.
- Set the Instant Pot on manual for 18 minutes. While the instant pot is creating your delish pork chops, cook your sides.
- Let the pork chops set a few minutes after the Instant Pot is done to continue to absorb the gravy.
- Plate up your chops and sides then enjoy!