With the start of my garden, I have been craving veggie based meals to feed my family. Then our local grocery store had ground beef on sale. Instead of using the beef for Taco Tuesday, I decided to make Stuffed Peppers because it was satisfy my veggie craving while making something different for the family.
Being obsessed with my Instant Pot, I adapted my recipe to be made in my Instant Pot so that I could just set it and do something else while it cooked. This was super easy and yummy to eat. I hope your family enjoys it as well!
Stuffed Peppers Instant Pot Recipe
An easy and healthy meal made in your pressure cooker.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 2 cups of rice, cooked
- 4-6 peppers
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes WITH sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Cut the tops of the peppers off and clean the insides from seeds. The, chop the pepper tops up to be added to the mixture.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute and saute peppers, onions and garlic until translucent. Drain oil from pot.
- In a bowl, mix ground beef, rice, onions, peppers, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture. Set the peppers on the insert in the Instant Pot. You do not want to set the pepper directly into the pot without the insert!
- Place some of the diced tomatoes and sauce on top of each pepper. Add the rest to the pot along with a 1/2 can of water from the tomato can.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual for 12 minutes. This is when I like to make additional rice because I like my mixture with the tomato sauce and rice on the side.
- When the peppers are done cooking, open the top and add the cheese on top of the peppers. Place the top back on for 2 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve and enjoy!