Moms love receiving gifts, especially handmade gifts that were made with love by their children or grandchildren. Whether you are an adult looking for a special, budget friendly gift to make you mom or a parent looking to have your children make a gift for mom or grandma, this DIY Q-tip canvas gift is one that is easy and adorable.
The great thing about this gift is that you can make is as simple as saying mom or make it more complex with mom’s favorite quote or song lyrics!
Canvas (size of your choice, my example is
Paint (I prefer a dark and light color to contrast)
Double Sided Tape
Print out of the word(s) you want to create on the canvas
- Cut out the letters to the words you want on your canvas.
- Place the tape on the backside of the letters and position them on the canvas.
- Take one color (darker color works better) and q-tip the paint all over the canvas. Let it dry.
- Apply the second color once the first color is dry.
- Once both colors are dry and set, removed the letter.
- You can either frame the canvas or attach something to hang the canvas.
- Wrap it up and give it to the special woman in your life!
3 thoughts on “Mother’s Day DIY Q-Tip Canvas Gift”
What a cute project! This would be fun to do not only on a canvas, but on a shirt, mug, etc. Plus you could do it for other holidays (Father’s day, bdays, etc).
This is real cute. Lately, I have been enjoying DIY projects. Thanks for sharing
This is so adorable! I love little projects like this, and my daughter is going to love making it for her Gramma!