This Baked Lemon Chicken has become a must have for Danyella who is my super-duper picky eater! This is a simple recipe which is great for a quick prep dinner. Danyella loves this chicken paired with baked or mashed potatoes and a veggie side (always my vegetarian!).
I used chicken quarters because it was on sale but using other chicken, such as boneless, will adjust the cooking time to a shorter time frame. Please just watch and check your chicken temperature while cooking this recipe. Check the chart below to get an idea on cooking times for different chicken cuts.
A fast prep chicken dish with delicious flavor.
- 2 pounds chicken (cut of your choice)
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed, chopped or sliced)
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Set oven to 400 degrees. In a pan, melt butter and brown each side of the chicken piece (3-4 minutes per side).
- In a bowl, add the broth, honey, garlic and salt together. Whisk to get the ingredients to mix well.
- Add the chicken to a rimmed pan, pour the broth mixture over the chicken and set the lemon slices on top of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for the recommended temperature: Breast, Bone In: 30 minutes, Boneless: 20 minutes, Quarter: 45 minutes, thigh 30 minutes, wings 30 minutes. Please use your good judgement in checking your chicken to be sure it is done and ready to serve.
- Serve and enjoy your Baked Lemon Chicken with your delicious sides!