Lately, I have been on carb OVERLOAD… the more breads, pasta and sweets fed/fueled my emotions the better I thought I would feel. Well we all know that is far, far from the truth! The carb hangover has been horrible and just fed with more carbs. Let’s just say the weight I have lost from breastfeeding the baby has come back with every delicious carb I eat.
If I am going to change my mindset and emotions, then I need to change my eating habits as well. I need more proteins to keep my energy level up with being on the go, raising an infant and running a business. In the mornings, I just don’t have time to make breakfast so my go to is/was toast with peanut butter or an english muffin but that’s more carbs and I need to stop my carb addiction!
This egg muffin recipe is one that I loved in the past because I would freeze them, heat them in the morning and run out the door. The great thing about this recipe is that you can add anything you want… sausage, bacon, ham, spinach, peppers, onions, really the possibilities are endless and easy!
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Muffin Cups
An easy breakfast recipe you can make ahead for your busy week.
- 12 eggs
- 6-7 slices of bacon, cooled and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- salt and pepper, to liking
- Set over to 350 degrees. Generously spray the muffin tin with spray oil so that the cups come out of the tin easily.
- Place one egg in each cup and whisk with a fork, if easier you can do this in a separate bowl and divide among the cups evenly.
- Sprinkle the bacon in a cup.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes on bottom rack.
- Top each cup with cheese, return to the oven. Bake for another 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before taking them out of the tin.
- Serve for breakfast, place in the fridge for easy on the go breakfast for the week (heat for 45 seconds in the microwave) or place in a freezer bag, place in the freezer and eat in the future (heat for 1-2 minutes in the microwave.
8 thoughts on “Bacon, Egg and Cheese Muffin Tin Cups with Printable Recipe”
These are so handy to have! I love keeping some on the freezer for quick breakfasts.
These look great to make ahead of time and grab quickly in the morning!!
I would love to try this bacon, egg and cheese — well, anything with bacon and cheese is love for me. Thank you for sharing this easy recipe. I will definitely try this on Saturday when I have more free time to cook.
OMG these look incredible – I have to try to make this for my hubby 🙂 thanks!
This is perfect, I was just looking for something that I can make ahead of time. This looks so delicious.
Mmmmm bacon and cheese, a perfect marriage! This recipe will definitely be made this weekend thanks x
Great post, this would be a easy and tasty breakfast!
This sounds great! I cannot eat wheat so I am always looking for good, protein filled meals.