One of my favorite breads to make is Banana Bread because it is easy and great for a quick breakfast food when I need to run out the door. Only problem is that my family usually eats the bananas before they get to that ripe point that is essential for a good banana bread. I lucked out and my family forgot we had bananas because I bought halos… I had my bananas for banana bread!
This recipe is really easy to make and doesn’t take much time. Just keep an eye on your time with how long you are baking the bread because every oven bakes differently but it will average between 45 minutes to an hour. I love to serve/eat this bread warm with a little butter on it!
An easy bread to make with those ripe bananas sitting on your counter
- 3 RIPE Bananas
- 1/3 cup or 5 1/3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat over for 350 degrees and spray/butter a loaf pan.
- Smash ripe bananas until there is no more chunks of banana
- Mix in melted butter. Beat for a minute.
- Mix in Eggs. Beat for a minute.
- Mix in Sugar and extract. Beat for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Salt. Beat for 3-4 minutes or until everything is mixed and be sure to scrap the sides and fold back in. Transfer to loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Insert a toothpick to check.
- Let the bread sit and cool on a cooling rack. Best served warm with a little butter on the slice.