This is a favorite recipe of mine to make on a cold winter day, which we have had ALOT of them lately. It is a hardy soup that just seems to warm the body and soul!
The directions for this soup are done with my instant pot but you can easily convert it to a crock pot or stock pot on the stove. Another thing that I love about this recipe is that you can use the ham that you have leftover from another meal or use ham steaks. My Christina gave us a bunch of ham steaks, so I chopped one up for the soup and YUMMY!
Ham, Potato and Corn Chowder Instant/Crockpot Recipe
A soup for those cold winter days.
Ingredients-2 tbs olive oil -1/2 onion -2 stalks celery, diced -1 cup chopped carrots -1 clove chopped garlic -1/4 cup flour -1-14.5 oz can chicken or ham broth -1-1 1/2 pounds of potatoes, diced
- Set instant pot to saute, add oil plus onion, celery, carrots and garlic and saute until tender 5-6 mins. If you are using a crockpot, do this in a pan on the stove.
- Add flour and brown the flour.
- Slowly add the broth, bring to a boil and add milk.
- Add potatoes, continue to use saute setting for another 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir Continuously so that the veggies do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Set the slow cooker on 4 hours
- Add the ham and corn
- Let it cook for the 4 hours and enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Ham, Potato and Corn Chowder Soup”
slow cooker recipes always tempt me to buy one (or to buy the ip).. but still deciding
I LOVE crockpot recipes!!! My husband will surely love this soup. I’ll have to make it for him next week.
yum that looks so good!
I love soup. We have soup here for dinner at least once a week or twice a month. I just made potato soup this past week. This soup looks like a good one to try.