In the Winter, Pot Roast is one of my favorite meals to make and enjoy. It is an easy, hearty meal that just hits the spot on a cold winter evening. With my recent obsession of my Instant Pot, I wanted to experiment with making my Pot Roast in the Pot. Let’s just say, I am super happy with how it turned out and I didn’t have to start it in the morning like the Crock Pot or pot on the stovetop!
One note that I am going to give you is for the amount of time to pressurize the roast, I approximated 20 minutes per pound. My roast was just under 3 pounds so I set it to 55 minutes and it came out perfect!
Pot Roast Instant Pot Recipe
An easy, delicious winter meal made in just a couple of hours with the Instant Pot.
- 3 pounds beef roast
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots or 2 handfuls of baby carrots (my preferences)
- 5 potatoes cubed
- 1 14.5 oz can beef broth
- seasoning spice, salt and pepper to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to saute, place the oil in the pot and let it warm up. Season the meat with seasoning spice, salt and pepper to liking.
- Brown the roast on each side for 2-3 minutes. Remove the roast and set aside.
- Saute the garlic and onion until tender.
- Add broth, carrots, potatoes and roast back into the pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual and enter the amount of minutes your roast will need (20 minutes per pound for the roast).
- Enjoy the smell of the roast while its cooking.
- Remember to take caution when releasing the pressure valve and opening the lid after its done releasing.
- Enjoy your meal!
4 thoughts on “Pot Roast Instant Pot Recipe”
This looks so delicious! I’ve just started using the IP so I’ll have to try this recipe out. Thanks for sharing!
not a beef eater but love discovering more uses for the IP and more reasons to buy it
yummy! my hubs will love this pot roast recipe
OK, seriously I HAVE to get an Instant Pot! I love that it sautes and then cooks your whole meal in under an hour!