With the Super Bowl only a few days away and my beloved Eagles playing for their first win, chili is a must to eat while we watch them play. Add my must have chili with my new Instant Pot with all its cool features and I had to try out a new function to make my recipe. With this recipe, I used the sauté and slow cooker functions!
Notes on the recipe: I prefer using ground turkey but any other ground meat will work. Also, I typically add diced peppers to my chili but you will notice in my photos that I omitted the peppers because my husband doesn’t like peppers and I had to feed him.
Instant Pot Chili Recipe
A delicious winter meal to share with friends.
- 2 pounds ground meat
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 diced pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove diced garlic or 1 tablespoon diced garlic from jar
- 1 (14.5) ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5) ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 bag of kidney beans soaked and cleaned or 2 cans of beans
- 3 tablespoons of chili powder
- garnish of your choice (I like cheese and sour cream)
- On saute setting, add the oil and brown the ground meat with the onions, peppers and garlic. Drain if preferred.
- Add the tomatoes, sauce, beans and chili powder.
- Change the Instant Pot setting to slow cooker (4 hours) and stir when needed (this setting doesn’t seal the pot closed).
- Enjoy with the garnishes of your choice!