I just love fall and all the flavors that come with it. This baby is loving apple everything so I decided to make some pork chops with apples but wanted to add something else to it. Why not try some cranberries? Plus, I needed to make an easy recipe because Wednesday nights are dance nights which means it is crockpot night.
This recipe is super super simple with pork chops (I chose boneless but you can you bone-in), slices of apples, cranberries, apple cider, balsamic vinager, brown sugar and onions. This is how I made it…. I placed a layer of cranberries, then the pork chops, sprinkled Tastefully Simples Onion Onion (I am not a fan of chopping onions and making my hands smell), added the vinegar and cider and let it sit for 4 hours. About an hour before serving, I added the sliced apples and brown sugar. I served this with egg noodles and wow the pork chops were so moist and just pulled apart! The only thing that I am changing for the recipe is less balsamic vinegar and more brown sugar because the fresh cranberries were still quite tart when I bit into them but still very yummy!
Cranberry Apple Pork Chops Crockpot Recipe
An easy crockpot recipe full of Fall flavors.
- 2 pounds pork chops (boneless or bone-in)
- 1 pound fresh cranberries (whole cranberries in a can work as well)
- 5-6 apples (I used Golden apples because they were on sale)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or more if you like a sweeter dish)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Place the crockpot on low and spray with non-stick spray (Easier clean up).
- Place a layer of onions, then cranberries, then pork chops.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and apple cider.
- One hour before you are ready to serve, add the brown sugar and apples. Mix the ingredients.
- When you are ready to serve, serve with noodles or rice and enjoy!