Originally I wanted to make my Thursdays my day to rant but on my path to find the positive side of life, I changed my mind and am making Thursday into Thankful Thursdays. We should all take the time to find the things we are grateful for in our lives.
Yes I could start this off with being thankful for my friends and family because I most definetely am grateful for them but sometimes it is finding the small things that make your life, just that your unique life that makes us even happier. I am going to list my 5 small things in life that I am grateful for this week and I want to hear what small things you are grateful for!
- I am grateful for Netflix. Yes it is completely materlistic of me to say an internet app but when you are on bed rest and all you can do is sit around, bing watching Grey’s Anatomy, Sons of Anarchy and other awesome shows becomes a way to avoid going completely stir crazy.
- Facebook Marketplace and Yard Sale groups. As we begin to pack to move, I have noticed how much stuff we have accumlated over the years. Let’s just say it is alot more stuff then we really need especially when I want to buy more stuff because it would look pretty in my house. Without having an income right now, selling off this extra stuff has been a great way to pay for groceries and have less stuff to pack for the move.
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Yes I am one of those crazy Pumpkin loving peeps! I love anything pumpkin but I look forward to the day that every coffee joint announces or people secretly find out they have Pumpkin Spice Lattes! I have found my local Starbucks secretly is making them and DD is starting theirs on the 28th.
- Washer and Dryer in my house. Have you ever had to tote 6 baskets of dirty laundry into your car, out of your car, into the laundry mat, sit for 2-3 hours (I didn’t wany my clothes stolen), back into the car and back out of the car. Then it was having to fold the laundry and put it away. Since installing the nice, big washer and dryer in our house my life has gotten alot easier.
- Notebooks and Journals. I have always been one that loves to write things down. I keep notebooks of notes and tips about projects I am working on. Journals of my thoughts. I am a big advocate on writing your thoughts, wishes and gratitude down because writing it down triggers in your brain to make it a reality.
A great way to start your day or end your day is with this gratitude journal that I found on Amazon! (Click the image to check out the book on Amazon)
Take the five minutes everyday to write down what you are grateful for especially on those bad days that you feel like nothing can go right. It is those days that you need to find the positive side of life and you will see more of the good moments and less of the bad moments. Don’t forget to share your small things you are grateful for below!
12 thoughts on “Give Thanks For the Small Things”
Thankful thursdays!!! I love it – i teach my kids to be thankful (and grateful) for the smallest things. A thank you, a smile, a small drawing always makes me people happy. My 8yr old is amazing. When you are thankful for the smallest things, you realise how much people do for you and how much you’ve got. Love your post
Thank you! Yes teaching our kids from a young age to be grateful and kind to others is so important in this day and age where the small things are taken advantage of and overlooked.
Such an inspiration!
I seriously do this every morning, being grateful is life changing. Change the way you see things and the things you see will change.
Yes exactly! It begins within yourself and you will reap the benefits of this change.
I do this every morning, being grateful is life changing. Change the way you see things and the things you see will change.
yes I love that others are doing this and feeling the benefits of it.
I am super thankful that you shared that Starbucks PSL is back soon! You made my day 🙂
Glad to make your day 😊 yes everything pumpkin is coming and not soon enough lol
I am there with you on anything Pumpkin. I am so ready fro Fall I can’t stand it!
So happy to have more people join the Pumpkin Lovers Club!